Monday, December 17, 2012

2 More Things I Learned Today

  1. People just assume you've counted their change right. They might check bills, but they don't even look at coins before they put them away.
  2. Even if people normally think you're 17, they'll still call you ma'am if you're behind the register, and refer to you as a lady. (Unless you're a guy, I guess...)

And it seems I've clocked out wrong at least once. When they ask me to stay later than I'm scheduled, apparently I'm supposed to clock out on the shift edit paper, instead of swiping my card. Didn't learn that until today. Oops.

Also I realized today that I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to clock out during break. If I am, no one told me. I just wish I could make it through a day without wondering how many things I've done wrong.

So I think my feet maybe hurt slightly less than they normally do at the end of the day. I'm still just as tired though. I wonder if the Dr Pepper I drink even has any effect on me. I know caffeine sometimes keeps me up at night, but it doesn't feel like it does anything while I'm at work.

In other news, I'm going to try to buy something at work on Wednesday. I need gas, and since I haven't gotten a paycheck yet I'll need my dad's credit card. So after I get off work I might wander around the store and find something to buy. Maybe I can also get some vague idea of the kinds of things we actually sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment