Sunday, October 14, 2012

24 down, 300 to go: Embroidery floss bobbins.

So I have this set of 324 flosses. They’re probably older than me. Mom used to cross-stitch, apparently, and when I needed some floss for my last project, she brought up this bag:

and this:

A receipt fell out of something, dated 1989. So something she brought upstairs was older than me.

So last night I finally got a set of 56 cardboard floss bobbins. They were a dollar and a half at Wal Mart.

I sat down, opened the set of floss, and started winding. An hour later:

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what's more depressing: all that floss you still have to go, or the fact that you were born after 1989.

    ;)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, only by one year!

      And congratulations, you're the first person to leave a comment on this blog!

      Delete